Eating Mango Everyday: Precautions for using mangoes for your skin
As long as you use mango products as directed, using mango on your skin is quite harmless. Mango items that are solely designed to be applied to your skin should never be consumed.
Although rare, some people may develop an allergic response when they come into contact with mangoes.
Mango skins contain urushiol, a toxin present in poison ivy and poison oak. Contact with this drug may cause a rash in some persons, which may appear up to 48 hours after contact.
It’s also worth noting that if you have a poison ivy or poison oak rash and consume mangoes, the rash will intensify. As a result, it’s advised to avoid the fruit until the rash goes away.